Friday, June 9, 2006

One Last Piece of Paper

Getting closer. A couple of weeks ago I got word from WACAP that the verification of divorce from VitalCheck was not going to work, because Annapolis would not authenticate it. In Maryland, you have to get an "original" notarized divorce decree by going back to the courthouse it was issued from. So I went and got that the next day and sent it off. They thought it would "only" delay us by about a week or two. (That's a long time when you're waiting on this!)


Yesterday I got word back that Annapolis had authenticated and returned the decree, so it is now on the way to the feds and then the Chinese consulate. They think that I'll be DTC within about a week and a half now.

As one of my friends on an adoption listserve put it, now all I have to do is hurry up and wait!

No comments: