Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A stunning piece of writing

I was checking out Cody's parents' blog to see how they were doing now that the rush of Cody's wake and funeral were over with and reality starts to settle in, and noted that Mickey had linked to the blog of a friend of his who had written a post entitled "Goodnight Moon" after leaving the viewing.

Her post is a stunning and evocative piece of writing asking--and trying to answer--some of the questions that arise when a child dies. I'll link it here in case anyone is interested.


Goodnight Moon

Rest in peace, Cody.

1 comment:

fourlittlehawks said...

This was truly a beautiful piece! It also made me think - once again - of how different our lives are when we know the Truth. I honestly don't know how people can even begin to cope with tragedies such as this one without Him. Living under the impression that life and the universe are just random things with no destination or meaning would be so dark and empty. Still, we can't know "why" such an such incomprehensible tragedy has happened. Sometimes we can eventually glean some insight, sometimes we never do. But what hope we have in knowing that there IS an appointed time and purpose for each of us! It doesn't ease the pain, yet we do not "grieve like those who have no hope". This family remains in my prayers. I can't even wrap my brain around the intensity of their pain. I'm glad you shared their story here, and thereby enlarged the prayer circle around them!