Saturday, January 30, 2010

Almost free ice cream


Da boyz looked at me like I was nutso when I  brought a couple of big bowls of snow in the house.  They had never heard of snow ice cream.  Less than two minutes later, I was setting bowls of wonderfully flavored and textured ice cream in front of them. 

They were both very skeptical.  They each stuck a finger in, scooped up a tiny bit, and touched it to the tip of their tongues.

The next thing I knew, the bowls were empty, and the oldest is asking me to show him how it's done, he wants more. 

I talked him through doing it himself, and he had another big bowl. 

This, as far as I'm concerned, is the only good thing about snow.  Unlimited amounts of ice cream, practically free.  (Have you priced ice cream lately???)

So, do I get THANKS from my progeny for making them such a delectable treat?  HELL NO!!!  The youngest one finishes licking the bowl and goes downstairs to watch a movie, and the oldest declares, "I simply can't believe you let me live to 22 years of age and never made this for me before...." 

It's time to kick that one out, isn't it???


No comments: