Monday, October 9, 2006

Letter #3 - Going into Labor?

After getting that wonderful note on Saturday, I was told that Xiao Tian would be returning to the deaf school on Monday the 9th (he stays there for about a month at a time, apparently, and goes back to the SWI occasionally on weekends and for summers and holidays when school is closed). I had one last chance to send another e-mail. So I asked him if he knew of the Harry Potter books and would like me to get them in Chinese (I found a place that has them), and what kinds of foods he likes. This morning, I got the letter below.

I have to admit, I find it hysterically funny that my son seems to know more about where this adoption stands than I do! They are not sending him back to school, and my "source" tells me that when the SWI lets them stay home from school, it's because the pick-up by the parents is imminent. So it looks like I am going to China in the VERY near future.

Why don't *I* know anything about this? LOL!!

Dear Mama,


I can say "baba, mama"!! but "gege" I cannot pronounce it right, I am learning hard. I am waiting for the information at SWI, I was supposed to go back to school on 9th, but the workers told me mama is coming to take me to US!! I don't know about where I and family will live, which state, which province, which city,which town, I really want to know.

Dear mama, I saw the photo album and the letter, the workers of SWI keep them for me, They will give to me until you come to pick me up. We have deaf children at SWI,but at school all the children are deaf. Most of the children at SWI can do simple sign language, so there is no problem for us to communicate.

Dear mama, I am very happy for you to order Harry Porte, I like it very much. I want to know many question about America. Mama I like ham, egg, sandwich and vegetable salad, I like milk and juice also, I think I will like American food.Once I am in America, I want to keep studying, so I can know more about Amrica.

Dear Mama, I like computer, chat on line, I have a free QQ, I like playing games, watching American movies, riding a bike, running and swimming, free style, stroke, but not back stroke.

Please say hi to uncle Tongguang (David) and his wife aunt, say hi to gege.

Mama I really want to see you first when I open my eyes tomorrow morning.

I had a lot of fun during the moon cakes' day, I ate mooncake, coca and many good food, I didn't see rabbit and Chang e(the lady in the moon), but I only want to see mama and gege soon!!

May mama and gege good health!!

Your son:xiao tian

My good friends are Zhang di, Chen chen, Yanzhe, Xu xingxing, Liu huiju(teacher Liu),Yang xiao bao, yifei.

No comments: