Thursday, December 7, 2006

Letter #11 - I Am A Fisherman (tissue alert)

For those of you who have been telling me you won't read this blog without a box of tissues nearby, I'm warning you--this one has a serious tissue alert attached. Don't even think of reading this most recent note if your tissue box is running low!This note is in response to the last one I sent him. He doesn't know about the TA arriving yet, I just last night sent the e-mail, so it wouldn't have been given to him before he sent this. The part in parentheses about English is a comment from our go-between. XT usually writes his notes in Chinese and someone translates them to send to me, but apparently he is wanting to show how well he is doing in his English lessons by writing a few words here and there in English. He sure is motivated, isn't he?


Dear mother and brother, (this is what he wrote on his letter, English!!)


How are you! I think I will like the things in the package. You told me we have a sewing machine at home, I am happy about that! I will make something when I get back home. The christmas tree at Yifei's home of hope has already been decorated, it is sooo beautiful! I can see it from my building, colorful lights and bulbs are very pretty! I really hope I can have Christmas with mama and gege. Please say hi to gege, mama can you send some pictures about christmas tree to me?


I drew another picture, which has a lot of beautiful fish, I am one of them, gege is in it also, mama is a fisherman, you got gege first, I am the next, then you take us home, and love us with all your heart, God is looking at us, bless us! We have a happy life!


Mama please teach me how to use the dictionary.


Merry Christmas! (xiaotian put English here also!!)


Wish mama and gege happy everyday!
Your son,
Xiaotian



I'm crying too hard to think of a response just now. I think I'll just sit on this one a while, hold it close, savor it, until the travel plans are all firmed up, and send him a note when I have more to report.

No comments: