Thursday, December 7, 2006

TA at Last!

Shock of my life--my agency called with TA tonight, and I hadn't even checked on whether any birds were coming out of Beijing since earlier this week, because I didn't think anything would arrive until next week!


The tentative plans are to fly out late on Christmas, meet him on the 27th shortly after landing, consulate appointment on the 4th of January, a couple of days in Beijing so he can climb The Wall, and head home on the 8th of January. This itinerary is contingent on there being a consulate appointment available on the 4th. The entire timetable hinges around that.


It looks like the amount that Jen raised during her two-week frenzy will cover her international ticket, which is fabulous news. I have tentative flights on hold for $1199 each, plus tax and fuel surcharge, which can run $200-$300. Xiao Tian's ticket (one way) will be $995 plus taxes.


That's all the news that I have at the moment, until that appointment is confirmed. I'll update if/when I get anything interesting.

No comments: