Monday, November 20, 2006

Wrong Bird - Again

Well, I spent the weekend tracking another bird out of Beijing headed for my agency. The package was delivered this afternoon, but I got a note from my agency saying that mine wasn't in it. They checked, and my dossier is in the "2nd office" (what the hay is that???) which is "running slow" (okay, tell me something I haven't already figured out), but once this 2nd office turns it over to the TA office (is that the 1st office?) it will "only" take another week or two, and then I should travel 2-3 weeks after that.


YIKES! This is sounding more and more like I won't even have him home before the holidays. Now I'm getting upset. I came home tonight and had a good long cry. At some point I've got to write him a note about this, but I have no clue what to say, how to explain these constant delays.

I guess I should get a care package ready to send over, since it looks like there's no danger of me beating it there at this point. Anyone got any ideas on what I should put in it this time?

No comments: