Monday, November 27, 2006

Overachiever Jen

Just a note to let everyone know that my overachieving travel companion, Jen, has informed me that she has managed to raise, in the space of just 2 weeks, $55 MORE than the estimated $1500 we would need for her airfare to accompany me on this trip.

Once we get the actual travel approval, I'll start bargain hunting. I'm hoping to find some nice, cheap flights so that we don't actually have to tap every penny of that, but it's nice to know it's there if needed. What we are really hoping is to have a little left over to be able to hold for the next person who needs help like this. This travel companion group has been a godsend, and I've made a new friend in the process of getting someone to help out on the trip.

This is just the most incredible blessing, thanks to the generosity of so many strangers who are making this happen for us. My deepest thanks to everyone who contributed money or prayers. Please keep the prayers coming, but the fundraising is now complete unless anyone wants to donate towards the fund for the next person who needs help getting a travel companion.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

No comments: