Tuesday, November 7, 2006

Stalking Packages

I can't believe it's come to this. I'm trying so hard to be a good doobie and not bother my agency rep with the "Is it here yet?" question like a whiny little kid on a car trip, but I'm desperate to know something, ANYTHING. I found out someone on one of the adoption chat boards knows how to find packages coming out of Beijing headed for the US agencies, and yesterday she was able to give me two tracking numbers for packages heading to my agency. She said from the sequence numbers, it looks like one (the one delivered yesterday) contained referrals. But the other one might, maybe, oh puh-leeeze God, just might contain travel notices. And even though my agency said they didn't believe my dossier was far enough along yet to be in this next batch, I'm still officially in prayer mode. As in down on my knees, hands raised in the air.


So I am tracking this package, going every 1/2 hour to the web site for the carrier and putting in the tracking number to see where it is up-to-the-minute, real-time. It was picked up from CCAA in Beijing on 11/06 at 2:27 p.m. (I'm assuming that's Beijing time, not ours, since our time would make it the middle of the night there), and it finally left the Beijing "facility" on 11/07 at 6:04 a.m. That means it's on the plane now.

I actually am making screen shots of the various stages that this package is checking in at different facilities. If it turns out to be the one with my travel advisory, I'm gonna print up the screen shot and put it in Xiao Tian's lifebook so he can someday see how nutso his momma was during the final phase of this journey.

The real problem here is that I'm desperate to NOT join the Century Club--people who have been waiting for TA for more than 100 days. I'm on day #91 since LID. Yes, I know all the logical reasons why I should hope that TA doesn't show up just yet, because if it does, I'm gonna miss 2 weeks of my college class right before the final, and that's not going to be pretty to have to explain to my professor. Final exam is December 11, and if I had half a brain, I'd wish for end of November TA and plan travel for December 12. But I'm beyond logic at this point. My boy is sitting in an orphanage in China, waiting for mama to show up, not even going to school because the orphanage thinks I'm showing up any day, and I want him home. It's that simple.

I simply can't believe I'm reduced to stalking packages. When I first started this process, I used to laugh at people who spoke of stalking the DHL or FedEx man.

Hoist on me own petard.

No comments: